Skip to main content

Two Main Concerns on Mobile Shopping

Google Image
When I shop online, I never shop through Mobile. I feel it is funny that even though mobile has become an important part of my life, I still prefer buying on my desktop instead of buying on mobile.

Mobile-commerce shopping trends show that the main reason that people don't choose mobile shopping is poor user experience. According to the research, users get so frustrated when trying to shop on their phones that they far more often than not abandon the process. In the second quarter of 2015, U.S. adults spent 59% of their time on mobile and 41% on desktop, but just 15% of their dollars on mobile and a staggering 85% of their dollars on the desktop. 

When I read this statistic, I feel interesting but not surprise. Because of mobile device limitation, it is true that users are difficult to get great shopping experience on mobile. Statista study also summarized that users prefer shopping on PC because they could get a larger and clear image of the product as well as a detail product information.
Data Point: Why Shoppers Prefer Buying on PCs over Mobile Device
Personally, I don't have a mobile shopping habit because I have two serious concerns about mobile shopping:

If I lose my phone...


No matter shopping online or on the mobile, they require us to enter our credit card and bank information on the checkout page. For shopping convenience, many businesses recommend users to save the credit card information on the commerce site or to link the mobile app to a bank account directly. 

Google Image
When I shop online, I feel more control of my privacy. For example, I don't have to link my credit card to any e-commerce sites if I don't want to.Most e-commerce sites also offer many different payment options to complete the transactions. I can always choose a secure way to make a purchase.

However, I would never enter any credit card information on the mobile shopping app especially when it requires to link my bank account in order to access the app. For me, when I sign in a mobile app, I usually don't like to sign out when I leave. I am afraid that if I lose my phone by accident, all of my privacy information such as bank information, contacts, and social media will be exposed to high risk because everyone can access my apps. I will totally lose control of my privacy and feel insecure. 

If I get fraud payment...


One of my friends is living in the UK now. Two months ago, she told me that her Fiverr App was charged $300 on a taxi, but she has not used that app for over one year. She was totally freaking out because she couldn't access her account without a valid U.S. phone number. It was a very bad experience to fix the problem and get her money back.

I feel unbelievable and also very sorry to hear her experience. In order to avoid fraud payment, I never install any app which requires linking either my phone number or bank account. I don't want this kind experience to happen. And I hate to waste my time to deal with fraud payment especially when it is always useless.

At the end:

Even though many mobile shopping apps provide better UX design, many users still don't choose to shop on Mobile because of privacy and security concerns. In the other words, if we don't trust mobile shopping, so we don't buying on mobile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starbucks: Three Main Benefits For Writing Customer Name On The Cup

Whenever I order a small Starbucks coffee, I am always asked "What's your first name?" by a cashier. Even I was the only person to order, they still asked my name. Not only Starbucks, now many other bubble tea brands such as Vivi, Coco, Gong Tea also start calling customer's names. Why does Starbucks write customer name on the cup? What're the benefits to do that? Image from writingelves.com Self-Promotion In the beginning, Starbucks wrote customer names because they received too many orders. Marking down names would prevent mistakes. Later on, Starbucks found that writing names do not only improve work efficiency but also increase brand awareness.   Sometimes (most times) Starbucks spell the wrong name. You think customers will get angry? Actually no. In contrast, people feel Starbucks is not only a coffee shop but also a coffee shop with its own personality.  Image From Memeguy Some customers also make fun with Starbucks. They come up with

Just Eat:" No Match Is A Wrong Match"

A lot of us are struggling to find our true love. However, when we finally find the right one, the relationship may not always have a happy ending. Many people, like my parents' generation, think love is only between a man and a woman. They are very hard to accept "man-man" or "woman-woman" or couple from different cultures.  Whenever I say we should respect all kinds of relationships, my parents think I have a problem. Overall, I need to be fixed.  Because of those judgement and bias, some people have to hide their true feelings of love. They don't have enough courage to tell the truth because they think no one will  understand them. The most important, they don't want get hurt. The sponsor of Milan Pride 2019, Just Eat App  created a special love story between a slice of pizza and a pineapple. This Ad "Just Amore" is calling on everyone should have freedom choice no matter with relationship or meal. Brief Story: One

Digital Campaign Case Study: How Does Coca-Cola “Taste the Feeling”Make Every Moment Special?

Coca-Cola is one of the highest recognition brands globally. Almost everyone in the world knows Coca-Cola and has drunk it. The unique taste of Coke is unforgettable, and that’s why so many people love it. Why does Coke so unforgettable? The taste and refreshment of Coke? Of course, it is one of the key reason.  The other reason is its brand creative marketing message.  Coca-Cola company have been creating different marketing campaign across the world every year to reinforce the brand culture. Coke is not a simple product anymore.  It is our lifestyle! In the January of 2016,  Coca-Cola launched new marketing campaign called “Taste The Feeling”. According to  Coca-Cola Stories , the central message of “Taste The Feeling” is to “bring the idea that drinking a Coca-Cola is a simple pleasure that makes everyday moments more special.” (Jay Moye) This campaign message was distributed through different channels such as TV commercials, print, outdoor, in-store, social media, and digita