Skip to main content

One Test With One Surprise Result

       Tests have never got out of my life since I was in primary school. After every test, all I received was score, which always made me nervous. Namely, I never took any non-score test. However, a couple days ago, my digital class professor Joanne Tombrakos recommended me to take an interesting personality test-- THE FASCINATION ADVANTAGE TESTI didn't feel any nervous during the test because I knew it was a non-score test. Instead, I was looking forward to the result. After test, all I received were detail analysis of my personality. It was such an amazing test experience!


       As I was taking the test, I started confusing about which choice was "right". I was even questioning myself "who am I?" When the result came out, I was shocked, "Really?!" It showed that, " my primary trigger is Alarm; secondary trigger is Passion, and dormant trigger is Prestige". Basically, it tells me that I am  a reliable, routine-oriented, rational, social and enthusiastic person. But, I am unlikely to self-promote in front of others. According to the test outcome, I realized that I am not the person I thought I was.
      
What I thought before the test

       I thought my primary trigger was Passion. I am always enjoying building relationships with people. Many friends of mine also like to chat with me. I listened their stories carefully and gave them my suggestions. Moreover, my sense of humor always makes them laugh and relax.  At the end of a conversation, they usually tell me, "Chai, thank you for your listening. You are a funny girl!" Thus, I always think that passion makes me attractive and closes to people.

       I also thought another major trigger would be Trust. When I was young, my father taught me to become a stable and reliable person who can trust. No matter in school or at work, I always behave myself as a reliable person and take high responsibility in every project . In my mind, trust is the foundation of doing anything. 


What I think now after the test

       I never realize  that Alarm would be my primary trigger. The exam report describes Alarm personality as "aware of all facets of a situation, able to create swift action, works to avoid unwelcome surprises, and expects high-quality results".  The report also shows that" among 130,000 participants, only 9%  of people who took the test use Alarm as their primary trigger". I felt so surprised that I belong to a small group. 

       After I recalled my past behaviors, the report seems true. When I was in China, my mom always blamed me on carelessness. For instance, I didn't care too much on details in studying. However, after I started college at U.S., I became a detail-oriented person because professors set high standards and expectations on students. As result, I started to pay attention to details to get high grades. I guess, in the past seven years, the new U.S. school environment gradually changed my behaviors, which potentially affect my personality.
    
       I admit that my dormant trigger is Prestige. In Chinese culture, humility is a virtue. Thus, I don't feel comfortable to promote myself in front of peers. Instead of self-promotion, I prefer to do more real work during the process. I believe if I can take my responsibility and prove my achievements, I can progressively earn respect and prestige from others.

      Overall, I think every person has multiple triggers, which make him/her special. Thus, it is worth learning how to optimize our performance by taking advantage of these triggers. This test definitely gives me a new way to examine my personality. If it is possible, I would like to retake the exam after a couple years. I want to know whether it will show a different result or not.


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starbucks: Three Main Benefits For Writing Customer Name On The Cup

Whenever I order a small Starbucks coffee, I am always asked "What's your first name?" by a cashier. Even I was the only person to order, they still asked my name. Not only Starbucks, now many other bubble tea brands such as Vivi, Coco, Gong Tea also start calling customer's names. Why does Starbucks write customer name on the cup? What're the benefits to do that? Image from writingelves.com Self-Promotion In the beginning, Starbucks wrote customer names because they received too many orders. Marking down names would prevent mistakes. Later on, Starbucks found that writing names do not only improve work efficiency but also increase brand awareness.   Sometimes (most times) Starbucks spell the wrong name. You think customers will get angry? Actually no. In contrast, people feel Starbucks is not only a coffee shop but also a coffee shop with its own personality.  Image From Memeguy Some customers also make fun with Starbucks. They come up with

Just Eat:" No Match Is A Wrong Match"

A lot of us are struggling to find our true love. However, when we finally find the right one, the relationship may not always have a happy ending. Many people, like my parents' generation, think love is only between a man and a woman. They are very hard to accept "man-man" or "woman-woman" or couple from different cultures.  Whenever I say we should respect all kinds of relationships, my parents think I have a problem. Overall, I need to be fixed.  Because of those judgement and bias, some people have to hide their true feelings of love. They don't have enough courage to tell the truth because they think no one will  understand them. The most important, they don't want get hurt. The sponsor of Milan Pride 2019, Just Eat App  created a special love story between a slice of pizza and a pineapple. This Ad "Just Amore" is calling on everyone should have freedom choice no matter with relationship or meal. Brief Story: One

Digital Campaign Case Study: How Does Coca-Cola “Taste the Feeling”Make Every Moment Special?

Coca-Cola is one of the highest recognition brands globally. Almost everyone in the world knows Coca-Cola and has drunk it. The unique taste of Coke is unforgettable, and that’s why so many people love it. Why does Coke so unforgettable? The taste and refreshment of Coke? Of course, it is one of the key reason.  The other reason is its brand creative marketing message.  Coca-Cola company have been creating different marketing campaign across the world every year to reinforce the brand culture. Coke is not a simple product anymore.  It is our lifestyle! In the January of 2016,  Coca-Cola launched new marketing campaign called “Taste The Feeling”. According to  Coca-Cola Stories , the central message of “Taste The Feeling” is to “bring the idea that drinking a Coca-Cola is a simple pleasure that makes everyday moments more special.” (Jay Moye) This campaign message was distributed through different channels such as TV commercials, print, outdoor, in-store, social media, and digita